GREAT NEWS! A FINAL CHANCE to apply to Brooklyn Woods' March-April cycle has just been added for
Wednesday, March 9 at 10 AM!
No RSVP is necessary! Just come Wednesday at 10 AM! The info session last about 2.5 hours. We will be giving a reading, math and measurement test that day.
- The proper use of power tools and woodworking machinery
- An introduction to woodworking techniques, sanding, veneering, wood identification, and reading shop drawings
- How to cut, machine, sand and assemble a cabinet
- Shop math and measurement
- Comprehensive safety training including a 10-hour OSHA course
- Soft skills training to aid in getting and keeping employment
- Job placement assistance (for successful graduates)
- Have minimal or some experience working with wood or as a laborer, as a carpenter's helper, in a trade or working with your hands
- Have a strong interest in working in woodworking or a related field as a career
- Be unemployed or underemployed
- Be able to attend class Monday-Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM for 7 weeks
- Be 21 years or older
- Resident of NYC; Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Be physically fit/able to lift 70 lbs.
- Pass an 8th grade reading test and 6th grade math test