- Working on teams to accomplish goals
- Operating the cash register in a fun and efficient manner
- Bagging groceries with care
- Stocking shelves
- Creating signage to inform and delight customers
- Hosting product samples for customers
- Helping customers find their favorite products
You'll learn a lot. You're not stuck doing one task here. Each Crew Member contributes to creating a WOW customer experience by participating in all aspects of the job.
If you have a passion for people and a fervor for food, we'd love to meet you. We can teach you the rest
Position Type: Part-Time
Starting Wage: $15.70/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Unloads and unpacks items and stocks shelves with received inventory.
• Organizes new inventory arriving; ensures inventory is directed to correct location.
• Removes and breaks down empty boxes.
• Operates machinery and follows all safety procedures
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Selects products efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to safely and properly operate powered industrial equipment.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Regularly required to stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
• Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving.
• Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Follows instructions of supervisors and assists other team members in performing store functions
- Assists in the training of store team members
- Demonstrates consultative behaviors in a retail environment to understand each customer’s individualized need
- Provides customer expertise in printing, signs and graphics and shipping product lines and can recommend appropriate FedEx Office products and services
- Provides an outstanding customer service experience by using consultative skills to anticipate customer needs, suggest alternatives, and find solutions to meet customer needs
- Ensures all customer problems are resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of the customer
- Takes complex customer orders using order systems and provides accurate pricing information
- Assembles parcels and prepares goods for shipping by wrapping items in insulation, inserting items into shipping containers, weighing packages, and affixing labels to parcels
- Sets up and operates printing, binding, and other related equipment using customer supplied original media and documents
- Maintains a safe, clean and orderly retail Store
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 6+ months of specialized experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work with minimal supervision
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position.
- Must exhibit exceptional customer service at all times
- Utilize operational interactivity to comfortably connect with our customers, understand their needs and present solutions
- Delivers exceptional customer service
- Responds resourcefully to customer requests and concerns
- Processes accurate and efficient sale and return transactions
- Understands and utilizes basic selling skills to properly engage and present solutions to our customers
- Creates an inviting environment for customers by maintaining a neat and clean store
- Perform front end responsibilities such as cashier, returns, and reserve online pick up in store with no impact to the customer experience
- Adheres to all company policies procedures & safety standards
- Able to multitask on assorted merchandising and sales responsibilities
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Able to engage and speak to customers
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Customer service experience in a retail environment
- Cashier experience
We at Mr. Appliance® are looking for qualified professionals to join our team. As an international appliance repair franchise network with over 250 locations, we have an immediate opening for an Appliance Repair Apprentice in Nassau County. We offer competitive compensation packages, complete training programs, and fast track advancement. We live our code of values of Respect, Integrity, and Customer Focus while having fun in the process!
As an Appliance Repair Apprentice, you are a key member of our team assisting with the quality and efficient installation, maintenance, and repair of appliances and other equipment. Exemplifying our code of values, you show respect and courtesy to all customers and employees.
This position is right for you if you are self-motivated, have a knack for troubleshooting, and are willing to learn the trade as you grow within the company. Ideally, you have proven communication skills with supervisors, employees, and customers.
- Install home appliances/equipment
- Assist with the diagnosis of appliances in the customer's home
- Follow up on diagnosis and install parts as needed to complete appliance repairs
- Collect payment and/or payment information from customers for work performed
- Ensure the efficient use of company resources and materials
- Actively participate in learning activities such as online and video resources
- Complete invoices, daily route sheets, and weekly reports as required
- Perform other duties as needed which may include cross-training in related positions
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License with good record
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Proficiency to navigate tablet based technology
- The ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis, and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis without assistance and the physical ability to perform strenuous work under varied circumstances
- Flexible and variable hours (no weekends)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds.
Cable TV Field Collection Specialist - No EXP Required
Must have Own Vehicle and willing to use for work, mileage compensated.
Makotek is hiring Field Collection Specialist to complete work orders assigned by Time Warner Cable/ Spectrum.
Job duties include collection of past due balances, & recovery of converter boxes.
- No Experience Necessary
- Paid training
- FULL TIME/ PART TIME Positions available
- MEDICAL BENEFITS
- Weekly paycheck
- Paid Vacation
- Mileage reimbursement.
Expected earnings are $15/hr + Commission + Mileage per week.
Makotek is contracted by Time Warner Cable to handle collections work orders for their entire, NYC footprint. We are now hiring for our offices. For more information please call 347-479-0077.
Makotek is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin, criminal conviction or arrest record, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $600.00 to $1,000.00 /week
- Driver's License (Required)
- United States (Required)
Shift Supervisor Management Trainee
The Shift Supervisor Trainee role is an entry-level, short-term role that prepares an employee to perform a higher-level supervisory role, such as Operations Supervisor or Shift Supervisor. The Shift Supervisor Trainee performs work as directed in order to prepare for future supervisory responsibilities, completes basic operations and management skills training, and also learns about key aspects of the business (e.g., building customer loyalty through exceptional service) and CVS/pharmacy culture.
Upon successful completion of the training program, Shift Supervisor Trainees are eligible to be considered for promotion to open Operations Supervisor or Shift Supervisor positions. These key leadership roles support the CVS Store Management team in driving store execution and performance while building consumer loyalty to CVS/pharmacy through a focus on excellent customer service. When there is no manager onsite, the Operations Supervisor or Shift Supervisor leads the store staff, ensures that store operations run smoothly, and is responsible for ensuring the completion of all opening and closing procedures.
Work effectively with store management and store crews
Supervise the store’s crew through assigning, directing and following up of all activities
Effectively communicate information both to and from store management and crews
- Customer Service
Assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints
Promote CVS customer service culture. (Greet, offer help, and thank)
Handle all customer relations issues in accordance with company policy and promote a positive shopping experience for all
- CVS customers
Maintain customer/patient confidentiality
Deductive reasoning ability, analytical skills and computer skills. Advanced communication skills. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some early morning, overnight and weekend shifts, to work overtime as needed.
Experience in retail
High school diploma or equivalent required
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Retail Store AssociateCVS Health Retail
The Retail Store Associate position provides an opportunity, in a leading retail setting, to excel in a growing, high impact, customer focused role, working both independently and as a member of a team, to positively impact the lives of others.
• Providing differentiated customer service by anticipating customer needs, demonstrating compassion and care in all interactions, and actively identifying and resolving potential service issues
• Focusing on the customer by giving a warm and friendly greeting, maintaining eye contact and offering help locating additional items, when needed
• Accurately perform cashier duties - handling cash, checks and credit card transactions with precision while following company policies and procedures
• Maintaining the sales floor by restocking shelves, checking in vendors, updating pricing information and completing inventory management tasks as directed by store manager
• Supporting opening and closing store activities, when needed
• Providing customer support to all departments, including photo and beauty, ensuring departments are fully stocked and operational while remaining current with all updated services and tools
• Assisting pharmacy personnel when needed, including working regular shifts in the pharmacy as part of opportunities for growth and career development
•Embracing and advocating for new CVS services and loyalty programs that support our purpose of helping people on their path to better health
• At least 16 years of age
• Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
• Lifting and exerting up to 35 lbs of force occasionally, up to 10 lbs of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force regularly to move objects to and from, including overhead lifting
• Visual Acuity - Having close visual acuity to perform activities such as: viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts/details
• Previous experience in a retail or customer service setting
• High School diploma or equivalent
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Restaurant Team Member - Crew
Chipotle Mexican Grill
What's in it for you:
- Tuition assistance (up to $5,250 a year)
- Free food (yes, really FREE)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid breaks
- Paid time off
- Holiday closures
- Full time and part time opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement (80% of managers started as crew)
- Customized college degree programs that can be completed in as little as 18 months, for as low as $250 a year*
- Competitive compensation, including stock and company car allowance for our highest-performing managers (Restaurateurs)
What we're looking for:
- Someone with a friendly, enthusiastic attitude
- Someone that loves to help and serve others (both customers and team members)
- Someone ready to learn how to cook (a lot)
We prepare real food by hand every day in our restaurants. No freezers, microwaves or can openers to be found.
We welcome experienced restaurant professionals and novices alike. We'll provide the training you need to feel confident working at any station - grill, cashier, prep, salsa and expo. We take pride in our exceptional customer service and it's up to each of our team members to create the friendly atmosphere that our customers expect and enjoy. So,whether you have experience as a dishwasher, cashier, server, host, bartender, cook, prep cook, FOH/BOH or no experience at all, we're always looking for passionate and enthusiastic people to join our team.
At Chipotle, you'll be part of a team that is working to cultivate a better world. If that sounds like something you would like to be a part of, apply today.
Requirements (the fine print):
- You have to be at least 16 years old to work at Chipotle
- You need to be able to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location
*Receive up to $5,250 from Chipotle in tuition assistance and up to $5,185 in federal grants each year. Combined with up to 44 earned credit hours from on-the-job training at Chipotle, you could earn your degree for as little as $250 a year.
Personnel SupportNew York City Housing and Development
$55,416.00 - $ 63,728.00
The Office of Enforcement and Neighborhood Services works closely with other HPD divisions and outside community partners to identify buildings with violation problems, assess and develop appropriate strategies to address those properties, and work closely with responsible owners to develop a plan to improve conditions and return buildings to firm financial footing and physical health. HPD uses enforcement tools within the Division of Code Enforcement, Housing Litigation Division, Emergency Repair Program or the Division of Special Enforcement to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations
Under general supervision in the Division of Administration and Internal Compliance (AIC) in the Office of Enforcement and Neighborhood Services (OENS), the selected candidate will be responsible, but not limited, to the following duties:
Assist in implementation of agency personnel administration activities.
Performing difficult and responsible administrative personnel functions, some of which may be complex and confidential in nature.
Assisting with personnel work in such areas as personnel relations, recruitment, employee selections, workforce planning, employee counseling, training and staff development.
Assisting with the preparation and review of documents related to the recruitment, application and processing of personnel; including vacancy notices, personnel action requests, correspondence, organizational charts, and staffing rosters.
Handling special personnel assignments, as they arise.Minimum Qual Requirements
1. High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.Preferred Skills
Applicants should have strong verbal, analytical and written communication skills.
Be computer literate and able to meet tight deadlines.
Prior personnel management experience preferred.
CDL Driver - $18/Hr Para-Transit
GVC II Inc. - Bronx, NY
NOW HIRING - CDL Driver - $18/hr to start after completion of 2 weeks paid training.
$1,040 PAID AT THE CONCLUSION OF TWO WEEKS TRAINING (80 HOURS) INTO SERVICE.
$500 Sign on Bonus Paid after 90 days of service.
PLENTY OF WORK AND HOURS AVAILABLE - $18/HR TO START
OVERTIME PAY STARTS AT $27/HR
No experience necessary.
2 weeks Paid Training into service. Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Paid Vacation, Personal/Sick Time and Holidays. Birthday Paid as a Holiday. Company Paid Life Insurance Policy. 401K available. Attendance & Safety Bonus.
The following is a guideline used by GVC II to select CDL driver - Para transit candidates for employment: If you do not meet the qualifications please do not fill out an application.
1) At the time of pre-employment a candidate must be at least 21 years old .
2) You must be able to read, write and speak the English language well enough to:
- Converse with other people,
- Understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language,
- Answer questions from officials and Employer
- Make entries on reports and records.
- (Page 1-3 New York State Commercial Driver’s Manual)
3) All para transit driver candidates must have a CDL with passenger endorsement.
4) All driver candidates must have held a drivers license for 3 years or more.
5) All driver candidates must currently possess a valid New York State Driver’s license.
6) All para transit candidates must have no more than 4 points on their license in the past 3 years. 7) All candidates must have no more than 2 accidents or 2 convictions in the past 3 years.
8) Candidates must not have a pending DMV violation or court case at the time of driver employment processing.
9) If a para transit candidate held a license from another state within the past 5 yrs , an abstract from that state must be provided at the time of pre-employment interview.
10) All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment Federal Drug Test and a DOT Physical. 11) Preferably some knowledge of all 5 boroughs: (Bronx / Manhattan / Queens / Brooklyn / Staten Island)
12) If applicant does not possess the required CDL License, applicant must be eligible to obtain it. Eligibility is determined by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles and US D.O.T.
13) Must be able to complete a full 2 weeks (10 day) training in order to qualify. (no exceptions)
NOW HIRING - CDL Driver - $18/hr. $500 Sign on Bonus. No experience necessary, Paid Training.
905 Brush Avenue, Bronx, NY 10465 or apply at www.gvcii.com
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Commercial Driver's License with Passenger Endorsement (Required)
- United States (Required)
Trucking freight handling:
- No touch freight
Entry Level Sign Maker
Job Responsibilities Include:
Designs or imports customer's requests to ensure it works with the equipment you use.
Setting machine settings for engraver's and laser's
Runs lasers and engraver jobs - This can range from cutting, engraving, scoring, adding ADA.
Light Assembly Work - assembling signs with windows and add tactile or braille to substrate.
Intake/Data Entry Associate
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow - Brooklyn, NY
Who We Are and Where We Are Going:
OBT, a premier Workforce Development organization in NYC, is in the process of developing its next phase of growth, focused on expanding employment opportunities for our clients. Founded in 1983, we have established a proven track record as a strong community-based organization. We have assisted thousands of NYC opportunity youth and adults gain critical skills and obtain employment. As a leading Workforce Development training not-for-profit, OBT provides a training program that balances high accountability and high support, with the goal of developing self-sufficiency and providing access to quality career pathways. We are excited to continue to develop on our strong foundation and demonstrated success while meeting the challenges and opportunities of the modern workplace
Review applications for completeness and collect eligibility documentation
Conduct intakes with potential applicants to determine eligibility for services
Schedule appointments for eligible JtBO clients to meet with Job Developers
Enter all JtBO client information into funder’s database
Maintain relationships with Job Developers across the agency to leverage support for direct job placement assistance
Provide Job Developers with retention milestone data and assist in collecting required documents
Prepare monthly JtBO performance report to be submitted to Accounting
Assist Salesforce Support Specialist on all projects related to data entry, data maintenance, and data analysis at all OBT sites
Assist in managing Salesforce database system
Assist in quality assurance checks for data uploads and exports
Assist in creating and updating reports and dashboards
Assist in the cross-program coordination of data collection for entry into Salesforce
Assist in Salesforce training and providing technical support
Perform all other appropriate duties assigned by the supervisor
Associate’s Degree and clerical work experience
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Previous experience with Salesforce or other CRM database preferred
Good communication skills
Ability to obtain and submit required documentation and enter data in a timely and accurate manner
Ability to work well independently and as part of an interdisciplinary diverse team
The candidate must be willing to travel to all OBT locations across multiple boroughs.
Why You Should Join Us:
Competitive salary and full benefits
Challenging, fulfilling and fast-paced work environment
Company events and outings (ongoing professional development; coaching, staff retreats)
Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, first copy position code from desired position and enter when prompted.
Wag, the on-demand dog walking app, is seeking qualified dog lovers to join the platform.
Are you an animal lover with dog care experience looking for part-time or full-time work? You can earn up to $1,250/mo walking dogs with Wag!
- Prefer working outside?
- Prefer to make your own schedule?
- Like being greeted with excitement everyday?
Have You Ever?
- Been a dog walker, or dog sitter?
- Been an animal, or dog shelter volunteer?
- Owned a dog before?
- Familiar with basic training commands?
- Friendly and outgoing?
- Professional and reliable?
- Must be over 18 years old
- Must own an iPhone 5, or Android 4.2 or newer
Wag! is an on-demand dog walking service to instantly find and book a reliable, experienced and trustworthy dog walker to care for your pet when your schedule doesn't permit.
Proudly featured in Forbes Magazine, Tech Crunch, NY Times, The Wall Street Journal, Chelsea Handler and much more, Wag! connects dog owners with only the best and most experienced dog walkers and sitters.
*$1,250/mo average earnings based on approximately 100 completed walks, tips not included. Data from average monthly walker earning in 2018.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Installation Assistant (Part-Time)
25 hours per week. Some evenings and Saturdays required.
The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture is one of the world's leading research facilities devoted to the preservation of materials on the global black and African diasporan experiences. As an intellectual and creative leader in New York City cultural life, the Center also functions as the national research library in the field, providing free access to its wide-ranging non-circulating collections. Each year, the Center sponsors numerous programs, events and exhibitions that illuminate and illustrate the richness of black history and culture.
In all areas designated for the display of Library objects in the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture including but not limited to the Exhibition Hall, Latimer/Edison Gallery, Moving Image Recorded Sound Division Exhibition Walls, Art & Artifacts Exhibition Walls, Jean Blackwell Hutson Research and Reference Division Exhibition cases, hallways, pop-exhibitions, etc., the Installation Assistant will:
- Install and de-install exhibition objects for all exhibitions, pop-up, and special displays at the Schomburg as requested
- Prepare galleries for installation—case movement, cleaning, painting, spackling, fabric wraps case interiors and/or wall panels
- Move all necessary tools, hardware, installation materials, hydraulic lifter, work tables, blankets, case lifters, ladders, work carts, tool boxes, bins, lights, light canisters, audio-visual equipment, stanchions, pedestals, bonnets, brochure stands, acrylic holders, object mounts, and fabric, etc.
- Move, open, and close exhibition and display cases and bonnets from storage areas, some of which require leveling.
- Assemble, install, and operate shop machinery, hand tools, work carts and materials' handling vehicles, as necessary.
- Framing—artwork, prints, photographs, and documents—in conformity with established conservation specifications
- Carpentry—pedestals, platforms, bases, vitrines, etc.―including painting and demolition
- Label making and placement
- Placement and positioning of all graphic elements
- Move boxes of exhibition-related printed materials from the loading to storage areas throughout the Schomburg.
- Replenish holders of all printed materials produced for exhibitions or displays including brochures, flyers, postcards, etc.
- Gallery maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in an art related field and relevant experience in museum or gallery work or; an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successfully demonstrated experience with artifact handling, exhibition installation techniques, mount making, and framing.
- Demonstrated ability to handle detailed work with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic carpentry tools and machinery and an understanding of the practices of museum exhibition construction.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and oral instructions as to all aspects of exhibition installation.
- Strong organizational skills. Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Server / Service Bartender
Hillstone - New York, NY
Server / Service Bartender positions are available.
Previous experience not required; In depth training provided from the outset.
Competitive compensation, $150-$300 per shift.
Medical/dental benefits are available after an introductory period.
Part-time and full-time positions available. Some weekend availability is required.
Great opportunity for professional growth and restaurant operations experience.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
A career at Hillstone, whether in management, the culinary arts, or professional service, is one that rewards individuals who have a deep respect for learning and a commitment to becoming the best at one’s profession. We seek people who choose high standards as a guiding principle and who are fulfilled by the essence of a service based culture.
For an interesting read on our company, check out what Bon Appétit magazine had to say in their April 2016 issue.
Fire and Life Safety Director
Mulligan Security - New York, NY
The tri-state's leading private security organization, Mulligan Security, has an immediate job opportunity for a Fire and Life Safety Director. We are a security and fire life safety provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
Mulligan Security offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally. Wages are based on experience.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
Maintaining accurate fire and life safety log books in accordance with NYC Fire Code
Be a liaison between Property Management, building staff and first responders in the event of an emergency
Communicate with Site Supervisors and Property Management
Conduct drills, training and other day to day oversight of fire and life safety plan in accordance with NYC Fire Code
Ensure that all FDNY Inspections, Testing & Maintenance is scheduled, completed and documented
Assist in securing the facility as required by the site which may include: access control, patrols and other assigned duties
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
Pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
Must possess one or more of the following:
Associate's degree or higher in any discipline
Service in the active duty military, military reserves or National Guard
Service in auxiliary police or police cadets
Three (3) years of experience working as a Fire and Life Safety Director (formerly FSD)
Current FDNY CofF F-85 or F-89, with an on-site in a corporate high-rise or Manhattan high-rise hotel
Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
Effective oral and written communication skills
Active listening skills
Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
Attention to detail
Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
Must have access to reliable transportation
Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Able to work flexible hours
Public Relations - Account Coordinator
JBCStyle New York, NY, USA
Title: Public Relations Account Coordinator
Location: New York, NY
Company: Boutique PR Agency seeking a PR Account Coordinator with 1-2 years of experience.
- Support senior account team with account duties such as reporting, pitching, press clipping
- Participate in brainstorm sessions to craft pitches, draft press materials, including press releases
- Establish and build upon strong relationships with media outlets in the beauty spac
- Working closely with team to help manage client requests and participate in conference calls and meeting agendas
- Coordinate event logistics
- Handle press inquiries, monitoring & distributing incoming press coverage, and keeping detailed press reports
- 4 year degree required
- Beauty experience is required - agency experience is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Cision and Social Media Platforms
NYC Center for Youth Employment
Salary: Commensurate with background and experience
In coordination with Mayor’s Fund develop and implement short and long-term digital marketing and communications strategies. Coordinate and assist in managing day-to-day operations of various marketing projects, including website, social media, print collateral, and event marketing projects. To learn more about this position, please visit the link above. To apply, please send an email to above email address. Within your email, please send your resume and cover letter, with the subject title, “Communications Associate.”
Retail Sales Associate (Part Time)
UNIQLO New York City
* High School Diploma or GED
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages
* Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the business needs, including evenings and weekends
Washington Heights - Starbucks
This position contributes to Starbucks success by providing legendary customer service to all customers. This job creates the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Experience
- No previous experience required
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
Client Services Representative Assistant
Gemology Institute of America
- Monitor client accounts to ensure services are completed in a timely manner.
- Work directly with clients to handle queries, add/change services, arrange shipments, and provide report results, billing information and service information as necessary.
- Escalate client concerns to the appropriate person who can help resolve production, scheduling, shipping or invoicing problems.
- Client-service skills: Ability to help retain clients by handling client queries and complaints in a helpful and professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail required for accuracy and quality purposes.
- Repetitive work involving customer service and using judgement to select appropriate action from defined procedures/guidelines with each client.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Work Hours: Monday – Thursday (9:15am – 6:15pm) & Friday (8:30am – 5:00pm)
- Hourly Rate: $17.50 per hour
- We offer medical, dental, vision and matching 401-K plan
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays, tuition assistance, commuter benefits
- High School Diploma; 1+ years of related experience
- Experience in client services, customer service, or administration preferred
Asset Protection Manager
Century 21, New York Flagship Store
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the productivity, standards, efficiency and operation of the Asset Protection department team. This includes the morale of teams, performance and professionalism of staff, and the cost-effectiveness of the department’s operations.
- Ensures their team understands their vital role of satisfying guests with their service and professionalism to impact sales.
- Responsible for payroll, reviewing all Asset Protection staff schedules to ensure the department is run efficiently and without excess.
- Proactively search for and effectively combat all forms of theft and loss in their location. The AP Manager is accountable for shrink.
- Ensure their staff is selected and trained to represent our higher purpose and core values. Ensure the company culture is maintained where they are growing and thriving.
- Training newly hired AP team members, reviewing their progress and productivity, and coaching members of the team to advance their skills and to increase their productivity.
- Ensure that proper security systems and control measures are in place to protect the most valuable assets of the company.
- Make apprehensions, conduct investigations, and interview dishonest employees as needed.
- Proactively identify safety concerns and take corrective action. Execute crisis management plans in their store.
- Engage store management and staff through awareness meetings, enforcing policy, orientations to promote loss prevention tactics and reward incentives.
- Develop a working relationship with Fraud and Human Resources to identify problems and take corrective action.
- Serve as a liaison between the AP Senior Manager and store management.
- Maintain the staffing plan to ensure adequate coverage on a daily basis can be achieved without waste, assisting in hiring to ensure that the most qualified candidates are being sought out in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Review Specialist/Supervisor policy compliance and take corrective action as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to teach and coach
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Analytical and interrogation skills
- Extensive knowledge of combative theft tactics
- Ability to work weekends and late nights
- Ability to be available 24 hours a day for emergencies
- Knowledge of overseeing Asset Protection management teams
- Extensive knowledge of CCTV systems
- PC knowledge of Outlook and ability to navigate company analytic applications
- Extensive knowledge of burglar and fire alarm systems
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable
- 2 years of Asset Protection management experience preferable
Care For The Homeless, Women's Shelter
Care for the Homeless (CFH) is a growing not-for-profit health care and social service agency that serves the homeless population of New York City. CFH provides medical and behavioral health services at thirty shelters, soup kitchens, and drop-in centers throughout NYC.
CFH is seeking a Facilities Manager for its 52nd Street Women’s Shelter. The 52nd Street Women’s Shelter operates under contract with the New York City Department of Homeless Services (DHS) and, as a contract agency, has reporting responsibilities to DHS and is subject to inspections and audits by DHS, the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance and the Coalition for the Homeless of New York City.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum two years’ experience in a supervisor position
- Minimum of a High School diploma, college degree strongly preferred.
- Facilities experience in a residential/health care environment
- Working knowledge of all trades in, HVAC, electrical, commercial painting (repairing holes in walls, dry wall and seaming), and replacing door locks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Proven ability to manage tasks with competing priorities and deadlines, independently determining order of priority and self-initiating other value-added tasks
- Outstanding initiative, a strong work ethic and attention-to-detail
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Team-oriented and possesses strong integrity and professionalism
- Emergency/on-call work hours will be required
Early Intervention ABA Providers And Supervisors
Early Childhood Associates
Early Childhood Associates is seeking experienced providers and supervisors for its growing home-based ABA/EI program in Manhattan. Interested individuals should have experience in the delivery of ABA services to the Birth-3 population, and be NYS Certified Special Education Teachers; Birth – Grade 2.
- Providing 1:1 instruction consistent with current best practices in ABA therapy for children under 5
- Gathering and graphing daily data to monitor effectiveness of defined tasks and objectives
- Implementing behavior intervention plans
- Work closely with parents and other EI providers working with the child
- Flexibles schedules
- NYS Certification in Students with Disabilities; Birth – Grade 2
- For providers: one year plus experience in ABA
- For supervisors: three years experience